सोमवार, 21 नवंबर 2011

Wonderful Wizard of Oz - III Part

Rescue of the TIN WOODMAN
They were going on their way. They were tired and it was too difficult to move any further. After an hour light was to fade away. Doorothy asked Scarecrow to see the shelter for night stay. Soon they saw a little cottage, since cottage was empty they spent the night in that cottage.
When Dorothy awoke the sun was shining through the trees and Toto had long been out chasing birds and squirrels. She set up and looked around her. She saw Scarecrow who was still standing patiently in his corner, waiting for her. She sent Scarecrow to bring water to clean her face and to drink. After clean her face and drink the water they left the cottage and walked through the trees until they found a little spring of clear water. Dorothy drink the pure water and took bath and then ate her break fast. After finished the breakfast the again came to the road of yellow brick. She head a deep groan nearby. They went towards from where the groan sound was coming. One of the big trees had been partly chopped though, and standing beside it, with an uplifted axe in his hands, was a man made entirely of tin. His head and arms and legs were jointed upon his body, but he stood perfectly motionless, as if he could not stir at all. Dorothy looked at him in amazement, and so did Scarecrow , while toto barked sharply and made a snap at the tin legs, which hurt his teeth. Dorothy enquired from the Tin woodman that he was groaning, he nodded in agreement. He said that he had been groaning for more than a year and no one has ever head him. The Tin woodman said," please help me, there is oilcan is in the cottage, get that oilcan and oil my joints, they are rested to badly that I can not moved them at all : Dorothy did the same as the Tin man asked and as soon as he was oiled his body started to move. He asked Dorothy what's her name and where they were going. After proper introduction and when Tin man come to know that they are going to City of Emerald to see Oz, Dorothy will request to Oz to send her back to Kansas and Scarecrow wants him to put a few brains into his head. The Tin woodman appeared to think deeply for a moment and then asked "Do you suppose Oz could give me a heart."?
Dorothy answered "I guess so,  it would be as easy as to give the  Scarecrow brain. "
"True", the Tin  Woodman  returned  "So, if you will allow me to join your party, I will also go  to the Emerald City and ask Oz to help me".
"Come along", said the Scarecrow , heartily: and Dorothy added that she  would be pleased to have  his company. Tin Woodman shouldered his axe and they all passed through the forest until they came to the road that was paved with yellow brick. He also put his oilcan in the basket  to save him from rain and rust.  The Scarecrow stumbled into a whole and rolled over  to the side  of the road.  As his head was stuffed with straw so he couldn't notice  the whole ahead. He wanted brains fron the Wonderful Wizard of Oz. They were going ands Tin Woodman was telling his story.
"I was born the son of a woodman who chopped down trees in the  forest and sold wood for a living. When I grew up I too became  a wood-chopper, and after  my father died I took care of my old mother as long as she lived. Then I made up my mind that instead of living alone I would marry so that  I might  not become lonely. There was one of the Munchkin girls who was so beautiful  that I soon grew to love her  with all my heart. She, on her part, promised to marry me as soon as I could earn enough money to build a better house for her. I set to woek harder than ever. But the girl lived with an old woman who did not want her to marry anyone, for she was so lazy she wished the girl to remain with her and do the cooking and the housework. So the old woman went to the Wicked Witch of the East and promised her two sheep and a cow  if she would prevent the marriage. There upon the Wicked Witch  enchanted my axe and when I was chopping away at my best one day, for I was anxious to get the new house and my wife as soon as possible, the axe slipped all at once and cut off my left leg. Subsequently I continuously faced   such types of  miss happening, next day I lost my right leg. There was a tinsmith and he helped me new legs made of tin. Legs worked very well. At another occasion I lost my two hand and at one time my complete body including head was cut out and tin smith replaced my body with tin completely. Now I am a tin woodman. There is only the difficulty is that I should save my self from water. It rusted me and make me ineffective and helpless. So My food is oil. This oil helps me in removing the rust and make me functional. "  "I feel instead of brain I need a heart to love" concluded  the Tin woodman.  
Though the Scarecrow and Tin woodman were not taking any meal, but Dorothy was worried as her bread was nearly gone, and another meal for herself and toto would empty the basket. Even than they were confident to reach up to their destination. 

continue in next part



 

















कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें