मंगलवार, 22 नवंबर 2011

The Cowarddly Lion - Part IV

All this time Dorothy and her companions had been walking  through the thick woods. The road was still paved with yellow  brick, but these were very much covered  by dried branches and dead leaves from the trees and walking was difficult. The forest was thick and few birds were there. There were sounds and growls of dangerous animals. Dorothy's heart was beating fast.  Tin woodman reminded Dorothy that " while you bear upon your forehead the mark of the Good Witch's  kiss and that will protect you from harm. In case there will be any danger to toto (dog) we will protect him". 
Just he spoke there came from the forest a terrible roar., and the next moment a great Lion  bounded into the road. With one blow of his paw  he sent the  Scarecrow  spinning  over and  and over to the edge of the road, and then he struck  at the Tin woodman  with his sharp claws. But to the Lion's surprise he could make no impression on the tin, although the Woodman feel over  in the road and lay still. Little toto , now that he had an enemy to face, ran barking towards the Lion, and the great beast had opened his mouth to bite the dog, suddenly Dorothy 
rushed forward and slapped  the Lion upon his nose  as hard as she should, while she  cried out. "Don't you dare bite Toto ! You ought to be ashamed  of yourself , a big beast like , to bite a poor  little dog !"
"I didn't bite him," said the Lion, as he rubbed his nose with his paw where Dorothy  had hit it.
Dorothy called him a big coward and he agreed to it hanging his head in shame.  The Lion came to know that the Scarecrow was merely a stuffed and the woodman made of Tin blunted Lion's claws.  Dorothy introduce him  two of her   friends  and her dog. 
The Lion also narrated his story that why he was made coward.  "It's mystery , I was born in the Lion's family and all the animals think that being a big beast I am brave and strong. I learned that if I roared very loudly every living things was frightened and got out of my way. Whenever I have met  a man I have been awfully scared, but I just  roared at him , and he has  always run away  as fast as he could go  If the elephants and  the tigers  and bears  had ever tried  to fight  me, I should have been  run myself - I am such a  coward  : but just as soon as they  hear me  roar they all try to get away from me and  of course  I let them go."  Scarecrow said, "The king of  bewasts  should not be  a coward". 
" I know that, it is my great sorrow  and makes my life  very unhappy. But whenever there is danger  my heart begins to beat fast" said the Lion wiping  a tear from his eye with the  tip of his tail.  Tin woodman said "it means you have a heart, but I haven't and so we are going to City of Emerald  to ask the great Oz to give me heart, Scarecrow brains and the little girl, to help her to meet her aunty and uncle." Lion was so excited, he said to Dorothy, "can the great Oz give me courage, If so I will also go with you to see him and request him to give me courage. " 
"Yes the great Oz is capable to give any thing, If you are coming with us, you will be welcomed. In the way you will help us to keep  away  the other wild beasts, who must be more cowardly  than you  and allow you  to scare them  to easily. " Said the Dorothy.   So Lion also join their company and now all five of them start their onward journey. to great OZ.  continue in next part

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें