बुधवार, 7 दिसंबर 2011

wonderful Wizard of Oz part XI

The four travelers passed a sleepless night, each thinking of the gift Oz had promised to bestow upon him. Promptly at nine  o'clock the next morning  the green whiskered soldier came to them bring them to throne room of the great Oz. But at the throne there was no one at all in the room. They heard a voice from some where near  the top of  the great dome, and it said solemnly, "I am Oz, the great and terrible, why do you seek me." They looked  every part of the room  but no one was seen, Dorothy said, "where are you?"
Oz said, "I am everywhere, but to the  eyes of common  mortals I am invisible."

Dorothy said, "WEe have come to claim our promise, O Oz", "What promise," Oz asked.
Dorothy,"you promise me to send back to Kansas, brains to Scarecrow, Heart to Tin Woodman and courage to the cowardly Lion , when the Wicked Witch was destroyed and we destroyed her. I melted her and converted into liquid. "
"Dear me,  how sudden, come to me tomorrow, and I must have time to  thinks it over." 
At this the Lion thought it might be as  well to  frighten the Wizard, so he gave  a large, loud roar that was so fierce and dreadful that the next moment all of them were filled  with wonder. They saw , standing in just the spot the screen had hidden, a little, old man, with a bald head and a wrinkled face, who seemed to be  as much surprised as they were.  Tin Woodman rush towards little old man with his axe. The Oz said in a trembling voice, "please don't strike me, I will do any thing  you want me to,".    He said ,"Hush my dear, don't speak  so loud, you will be overheard and I should be ruined I am suppose to be a Great Wizard, but in reality I am just a common man, on the other word I am humbug. I have fooled everyone  so long  that I thought  I should never be found  out. It was my great mistake let you  into the throne room. Usually I will not see  even my subjects,  and so thry believe  I am some thing terrible."  
HE RELATED HIS STORY TO THEM AND THEY LISTENED.
"I was born in Omaha, when I grew up  I became a  ventriloquist, and at that I was very well  trained by  a great master. I can imitate any kind of bird  or beat. After a time, I tired of that  and became a balloonist. A man who goes up in  a balloon  on circus day to draw a crowed of people together and get them  to pay to see  the circus is called balloonist. One day I went up  in a balloon  and the ropes  got twisted, so that  I couldn't come down again. It went up above the  clouds, so far that  a current of air  struck it and carried it many, many miles away. For a day and a night I travelled through  the air, and on the  morning of the second  day I awoke and found the  balloon floating over a strange and beautiful country. It came down gradually, and I was not hurt a bit. But I found myself in the midst of a strange people, who, seeing me come from the clouds, thought I was  a great Wizard. Of course I let them  think so, because  they were  afraid of me and promised to do  anything I wished them to.. Just to amuse myself, and keep the good people busy, I ordered them  to build this city and my palace, and they did it all willingly and well. The country was so green and beautiful, I would call it  the Emerald City and to make the name fit better I put green spectacles on all the people, so that every thing , they saw was green. Even any visitors come to this city has to put the green spectacles.  This city was built  so many years ago, at that time I was  a young man  when the balloon  brought me here and now I am very old man. My  people have worn  green  glasses on their eyes so long  they think it really is an Emerald City and is certainly  is a beautiful  place, abounding in jewels and precious  metals, and every good  thing  that is needed to make one happy, I have been good to  the people, and they like me, but ever since  this Palace  was built I have shut myself  up and would  not see any of them. One of my greatest fears was the Wicked witches, as I had no magical powers at  all I soon found out that  the witches were really able to do wonderful things. The four witches were in the country ruling, north, south (good witches) and East and West (wicked). Now in all the four country all the witches are good. "
However the Oz has given brains to Scarecrow, heart to Tin Woodman and courage to cowardly Lion. But he could not send Dorothy to her aunty's house. The Wizard of Oz handed over  the charge of Emerald City to Scarecrow. He made scarecrow ruler, made a wonderful balloon and left the Emerald City forever.   

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें